Ayan, totoo na to — aayusin ko na ang aking diet. Practice lang yung January.. LELz. Trial month ba. This February and with my Goals for 2023 in mind, I promised to do a Flexitarian Diet.
What is a Flexitarian Diet? The flexitarian diet is a play on two words: flexible and vegetarian. It generally means a semi-vegetarian, plant-forward diet that incorporates dairy and eggs and allows room for meat from time to time.
I really want to become a vegetarian — a vegan even, for my LPRD — but to be honest, hindi kaya ng powers ko! I like meat and crave it from time to time. So I think this diet is more doable for me.. and kinder to my LaryngoPharyngeal Reflux Disease.
And because favorite namin ang Taco Salad here at home, I made a Vegetarian Taco Salad.
WATCH THE VEGETARIAN TACO SALAD VIDEO RECIPE HERE:
To make the “Taco Meat”, I used Quorn Meat-free Mince which is like ground beef/pork but totally vegetarian. Then the rest is the usual ingredients that you put in a taco salad like lettuce, kidney beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, grated cheese, and white onion. For the salad dressing, I used my Creamy Garlic Dressing but feel free to use your favorite dressing like ranch or garlic parmesan.
This is what I’m having for lunch today and hopefully I can make different kinds of salads to incorporate in our meals.
Kamusta ang January nyo mga ka-kitchen?Print
Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 300g meat-free mince or meat-free ground meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- Creamy Garlic Dressing or any dressing of your choice
- Cook the Taco meat: Heat oil in a pan and sauté the meat-free mince for 3 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and 3 tbsp water. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Layer lettuce on your serving plate and then assemble all the other ingredients on top.
- You can serve the dressing drizzled on top of the salad or separately.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!