Today, Twinkle has an Asynchronous class kaya naman I didn’t prepare baon for her. But I prepared a super yummy lunch baon for ate Ykaie that also doubles as our ulam for today. It’s Honey Butter Chicken Tenders with Garlic Dip.
What I love about this is it’s sweet, juicy, and tender, and comes together in 30 minutes! It’s so easy to make and takes minimal ingredients which are most likely in your kitchen already.
WATCH THE HONEY BUTTER CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE VIDEO
The Garlic Dip is also easy to make and it elevates the taste of the Honey Butter Chicken Tenders. All you need to do is combine mayonnaise, garlic that is chopped finely, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and a little bit of water to make the sauce thinner. Just mix it all up and it becomes your Garlic Dip. Simple and easy, right?
For the Honey Butter Chicken, I used a combination of chicken breast and chicken thighs. The chicken thighs makes for a more juicy chicken but chicken breast is okay too. It’s more meaty.
What I did is season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in a little bit of flour. Then heat butter and oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces in medium heat. When it’s already brown, add the garlic and cook it for about 3 minutes. Then you can add the soy sauce, vinegar, and honey. Mix it all up and let it simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat and it’s done! Ang dali lang diba?
Try this for your kids baon next week or your ulam this weekend!
You can also try this Chicken Karaage for your kids’ next school baon.Print
Honey Butter Chicken Tenders with Garlic Dip
- 700g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter + 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp water (to make the sauce thinner)
- Make the Garlic Dip: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Add more water if you want sauce to be thinner. Set aside.
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a nonstick skillet. Turn heat to low.
- Fry the chicken tenders in low heat until brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Mix well.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. Mix well and simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
- Serve with the garlic mayo Dip and steamed rice. Enjoy!