This Filipino-Style Cheesy Baked Macaroni is perfect for lunch, dinner, pot lucks, and to celebrate special occasions. So EASY and comforting too!
I made this to celebrate my Tatay’s birthday in heaven last November 2. My tatay loves this kind of macaroni but his recipe has pork liver in it which I don’t know how to cook. So I just made my version instead.
I miss my tatay so much. He is such a cheerful and positive person. Whenever I feel down or have problems, he manages to cheer me up even if I don’t tell him what the problem is. I actually miss him and my nanay especially because I already realized how hard adulting can be… heehee.
The good thing is now that I’m an adult I can cook myself some comfort food whenever I’m not feeling so good — like this Filipino-Style Cheesy Baked Macaroni.
CHEESY BAKED MACARONI RECIPE VIDEO
See how cheesy and creamy it is?
- This recipe is a lot for our family of four. Since I made this to celebrate my Tatay’s birthday in heaven, I gave some to my sis.
- I figured that if I’m going to make this for my family only, I should halve this recipe but still use 500g ground beef to make for a meatier result. Oh and maybe add bacon.
Tomorrow is the start of another week and the monday right after a week of vacation (sem break). Good luck to me…hihihi. For now, I shall leave you with my recipe and I hope you give it a try.Print
Filipino-Style Baked Macaroni
- 500g macaroni noodles, cooked according to package direction
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500g ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 hotdogs, sliced
- 1kg spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 beef cube
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Cheesy White Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1.5 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook the Beef Sauce: Heat oil in a pot. Sauté the garlic and onion until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Add the mushrooms and hotdogs. Mix well.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and water. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer in low heat for 15 minutes. Stirring every 3-5 minutes to prevent it from sticking in the pot.
- Add the beef cube, dried basil, dried oregano, and ground pepper.
- Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni noodles and the beef sauce. Mix well and make sure all the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Transfer it in a baking pan and top with the Cheesy White Sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!