It has been quite a while now since I made Buko Salad or Fruit Salad. The past couple of years, sis made and just gave us some. The last time was in 2019, when Twinkle was 4 years old. I made Special Fruit Salad with Fresh Fruits and Twinkle was there to help me — well, actually nangungulit lang sya kasi she wanted her turn to mix the salad… hihihi. Kaya naman, this year we decided to do a video of Twinkle making our Buko Salad for Noche Buena.
WATCH: BUKO SALAD RECIPE VIDEO
We made the traditional Buko Salad which is a mixture of shredded coconut, fruit cocktail, nata de coco, green kaong (sugar palm), processed cheese, all-purpose cream, and condensed milk. It is now chilling in the fridge and waiting for us to enjoy it.
What dessert did you prepare for Noche Buena?Print
- 3 buko, shredded
- 1 825g can Fruit Cocktail, drained
- 1 small bottle sweetened Nata De Coco, drained
- 1 small bottle green Kaong, drained
- 2 250ml packs All- Purpose Cream
- 1 377g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 pack of processed cheese
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl, combined the first six ingredients and mix well.
- Add the cheese and mix again.
- Chill in the fridge for two hours or more.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries before serving.