I’ve been food blogging for so long but ngayon ko lang naisip lutuin itong dish na to. Whuuut? I don’t know why it took me such a long time to cook this here at home — maybe it’s Ykaie’s dislike to ketchup. But you know what, this is the Garlic Butter Shrimp that I grew up eating. This is how my nanay cooks shrimp each and every time — Garlic Butter Shrimp with Ketchup.
I love how tasty the sauce is and how different it tastes like with the banana ketchup. I used to wonder what condiments or sauces my nanay adds to the shrimp to make it flavorful. Sus, akalain mong banana ketchup lang pala… hihihi.
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH KETCHUP RECIPE VIDEO
Ykaie loves Garlic Butter Shrimp and I think na-appreciate nya naman to. When I told her I added ketchup, it kinda had a psychological effect and she ate less. I think she’d learn to love this after a few more tries.
Crossing my fingers because I’m planning on adding this to our menu rotation.Print
Garlic Butter Shrimp with Ketchup
- 750g shrimp, washed and cleaned
- 1/3 cup butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet in very low fire.
- Then add garlic, saute for a few minutes until butter is infused with flavors of garlic but don’t let the garlic turn brown.
- Add the shrimps, cook until it turns orange.
- Add the ketchup and mix well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to your serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley on top.