Reasons to put salad in a jar:
♥ When you are bringing it to a picnic, or lunch at the office. Jars are great space savers…
♥ When you’re keeping salad in the fridge to eat at a later time…and you found out that you just run out of microwaveable plastic containers…
♥When you have a THING for meals or food in a jar…
♥When you have a THING for jars..
Yup, I have this thing for food in jars. The homemade ones, I think they’re cool.
I also have a major thing for jars. Sometimes when I go to the mall, I end up taking home three colorful, cute jars in different shapes and sizes.
I can get excited over a milk jar, peantubutter♥ thinks it’s crazy. He’s just doesn’t know it but milk jars can be the cutest thing.
I’d say jar collecting is highly addictive.
You should try it sometime.
I probably make no sense today–talking about jars–LOL!
I’m sleepy. I need coffee and sugar.
Thank you for dropping in today and hearing me talk about jars…
This is what the salad looks like if it isn’t inside a jar. I’d say it’s doesn’t have the same je ne sais quoi as the one inside the jar all layered up and beautiful.
- Romaine Lettuce, torn into pieces
- pecan halves
- cucumber, diced
- carrots, julienned
- red onion, chopped
- ham, diced
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Layer up the ingredients in a jar starting with the balsamic vinaigrette or any dressing that you want.
- I started with the balsamic vinaigrette, ham, onion, carrots,cucumbers, pecans and put the romaine lettuce on top.
- Before eating, give the jar a shake for the vinaigrette to touch each of the salad ingredient.
- Now all you need is a fork to eat it right out of the jar.
646 total views, 2 views today