Sundays are for Sweet Potato Bacon Fries

Sweet Potato Bacon Fries | www.thepeachkitchen.com

I know what you’re thinking.You must think that this is just a leveled-up, fatty Kamote Cue.

You must be right.

But you must also know that this is just something that you deserve on a Sunday.

Sundays are supposedly a family day. A day when there’s no work, no school and everybody’s free to go to the mall, on a road trip, to the zoo, or on a picnic. Basically, wherever they please. If you’re like me, who’s currently staying at home…well, this is something that you need.

My Sunday, found me with a mountain of laundry and a promise to to chauffeur somebody somewhere. So instead of going to the mall and tiring myself out walking around and risking bumping into somebody I don’t like, I chose to stay at home.

Sweet Potato Bacon Fries | www.thepeachkitchen.com

I thought I’d give my oatmeals a break since it’s the weekends. So the three sweet potatoes in the fridge and the bacon in the freezer found themselves roasting in the oven drizzled with Maple Syrup and sprinkled with just a bit of brown sugar at noon.

These turned out perfect. I almost ate it with a bottle of beer that’s been lying around the pantry for a month now….and I. Don’t. Drink. Beer.

Plus, what I like most about making this is that I got Ykaie to eat Sweet potato, something she doesn’t like eating even when coated with caramelized sugar.

If you must know. I changed my mind and didn’t do my laundry. I’m doing an Emily Owens MD marathon, instead.

Sweet Potato Bacon Fries | www.thepeachkitchen.com

I think this would actually be a great appetizer for your Father’s Day menu or a nice snack to serve to the man of the house on that day.

Sweet Potato Bacon Fries

Author:
Ingredients
  • 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into matchsticks
  • 12 strips of bacon
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking pan.
  2. Slice each piece of bacon in half, lengthwise and then in half, widthwise, so there will be 4 strips cut from 1 piece of bacon.
  3. Wrap a strip of bacon around a matchstick sweet potato.
  4. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all the bacon is gone.
  5. Sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar and bake for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes feel soft.
  6. Brush with maple syrup and turn the oven to broil and let the tops get crispy
  7. Serve immediately.

Comments

1. says

What a treat. I think we all deserve these little decadent snacks on the weekend. Wish I see your post earlier so I can make them. I’m going to take your suggestion and make some next week for Father’s Day. The boys are going to love them, I just knew.

2. Liz says

Oh, man, I think I could turn all my family into sweet potato fans with this recipe! If not, I’d be happy to eat their share :)

3. nuts says

Wow! you are so great to turn bacon and sweet potato together and look very appetizing. honey cured bacon sure tastes a bit sweet, and you’re right, why not bacon with maple syrup and a bit of sugar. what a nice idea for father’s day treat!

4. says

waaah ang sama talaga ng ugali mo peach hahahaha :p ang bacon at potato ay mataas sa cholesterol waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! hahahaha ang sarap naman nyan hay nako gawa mo nga ako hahahaha :)

5. Shela says

Oh my that’s as good as the baked potato wedge with bacon! Haven’t try fries yet sure will do this since we love bacon heaven :)

6. joy h says

A fries with bacon, my husband would love it! Thanks for sharing unique, delicious tips here! love it!

7. says

hmmmmmmmm….. Baaaaccccoooonnnn…. *drooling*

I love your recipes! My husband and kids will love this, if I do it right, hehe! :P

8. Adin B says

Awe! That is good Ykaie ate it then. :) My little man has become a picky eater so I turn our sweet potato here into puree and mix it with spaghetti sauce or when baking or to wherever I can sneak it in. LOL! Well, one treat day is not bad at all. :) Gotta splurge a little bit once in a while huh. :) Thank you for sharing!

9. genejosh says

Wow this is yummy! With this I can forget my diet for a while and try to taste even one stick of that delicous sweet bacon potato fries..thanks for sharing the recipe..I can try it on weekends:)

10. ARlene says

This looks like an easy to make snack at home when everyone’s around, sis! Not something to feel guilty about on a cheat day. :)

11. says

totally would try this very soon! i love both bacon and sweet potato and my husband too! i mean i guess everyone love them! thanks for the recipe