There are a lot of ways to eat Spam® — A LOT! But our favorite is SPAM-SI-LOG, of course! Tapos with black coffee on the side na partner.. ay naku! Kalimutan na natin ang diet! Extra garlic rice kung extra garlic rice.
To my non-Filipino friends, SILOG is a term that has been coined from the Filipino breakfast staple SInangag (garlic fried rice) and itLOG (egg). Another syllable is prefixed in it, usually the first syllable of another viand/dish that comes with the garlic fried rice and egg. In this case, it’s SPAM. Hence, SPAMSiLog.
SPAMSiLog is one of our fave breakfasts — er– actually — one of our favorite SiLog meal anytime of the day. Minsan dinner na din basta may craving!
Kayo mommies, anong favorite nyong way to eat or serve Spam to your loved ones?
OTHER SPAM® RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1 can SPAM, I slice it into 8 or 9 slices
- 4-5 Eggs
- Cooking oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and cook sunny side up eggs.
- Fry SPAM slices in the same pan.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add rice and mix well. Continue stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with fish sauce and continue mixing for 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve Garlic Rice with fried SPAM and sunny side up egg.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!