It’s kind of a gloomy day today…And this. This is lunch.
And it’s eat-in-a-pan kind of day with everyone.
Sis was like: “Are you really gonna take a photo of it like that?”
I did. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I am already hungry. Then I dove into this thing and it’s the most satisfying lunch ever! I hope I didn’t horrify you and we’re still friends. Please don’t delete me on facebook.
I did this in the comfort of my own home and I won’t do it outside, I promise.
This is a closer look.
Thought I’d make a different variety of the Blooming Garlic Mushroom Bread I made last year which didn’t really bloom that much but is really really delicious and highly addictive.
This a nice, laid back food you can eat with a fork if it’s still too hot, and with your hands after a few minutes. It’s like a pull-apart pizza which you can put in the middle of the table and everyone can just dig in and get their share.
Below is how it looked before going inside the oven…
You can fill it with any pizza topping you want like olives, onions, mushroom, corn,pineapple, anchovies…Make sure you limit the ingredients or it won’t toast well in the middle and it’ll turn soggy……..
Blooming PIZZA Bread
- sourdough or any round bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped salami or pepperoni
- Carefully cut through bread in 1-inch intervals both ways (criss-cross), stopping about a ½-inch or so before cutting all the way through. Set aside.
- Carefully insert pizza sauce, chopped green bell pepper, chopped salami/pepperoni in between the cuts in your bread. Make sure to tuck it in.
- Top it shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F until cheese is bubbly and bread has “bloomed“
- Share with somebody you love and enjoy.