It’s becoming really hot these days…
Summer is peeking in her hot head and checking if she can come out and play. I am getting thirstier and sweatier than usual. I am also turning on the a/c a lot more frequently. I am expecting my electric bill to double or triple in the next couple of months–oh my!
But in the heat of the moment, I find myself fixing a favorite childhood drink —Milo Dinosaur!
I am not sure as to how or why this name came about but this is what this drink is called. It’s is simply a cold cup of Milo with extra spoonfuls of powdered undissolved Milo added on top of it.
It’s cold, chocolatey and lumpy. So perfect for today’s weather!
Milo Dinosaur is an easy drink that can make both kids and adult happy.
Apparently, I don’t have to introduce this to my daughter because she already knows this drink –and l♥ves it!
Did you know that there’s also a Milo Godzilla? Which is a cup of cold Milo topped with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream?
But let’s talk about it another time….Print
- 2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons + 4 tablespoons milo
- condensed milk or sugar, whichever you like to sweeten your drink
- lots of crushed ice
- Dissolve the 6 tablespoon Milo powder and sugar or condensed milk in 1/2 cup water. It doesn’t have to be hot, room temp is okay.
- Add enough cold water (or cold milk) until it is chocolatey enough to your liking.
- Add crushed ice, pour into a glass and top with more milo powder.