This dish is when you need something quick, easy and delicious! I was talking about canned Pork and Beans up there and we use Hunt’s [brand] because it’s a little sweet.You can use a can of baked beans instead, or any other brand that you like.
We also make this with beef tendons and tripe but it would take time to cook and soften the tendons.You can just use the chicken for super quick meal. Leave out the tripe if you don’t like it..heehee
Chicken, Tripe and Beans
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 big can of Hunt’s Pork and Beans
- 500g chicken, cut into pieces
- 250g tripe,cut into bite-size pieces
- 3–4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a small pot.
- Sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes transluscent.Add tomatoes and cook until its wilted.
- Put chicken and brown it a little.
- Pour in water. Simmer for a few minutes.Add canned beans.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- add salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes the canned bean’s taste is enough and you won’t need to add salt.
You can choose to make this sauce-y or soup-y. Just add more water