What I know about chocolate pudding before is that it comes in a box. Just add hot water and Voila! you can enjoy a nice chocolate pudding for dessert. If you want an easier way to have your chocolate pudding, you can buy a packed choco pudding at the grocery.Just open the tab and you can dig in.
I just had to discover how I can make a chocolate pudding of my own….from scratch. Why? I’m going to use it for something I will be making later and I need lots of it. Buying ready-made ones is too expensive and the ones in the box just won’t do it for me right now.
¼ cup + 1 tbsp cornstarch
½ cup sugar
2 cups milk
a pinch of salt
2 cups of semi-sweet choco chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and salt on top of a double broiler.
- Slowly whisk in milk until dry ingredients are dissolved and place on top of the simmering water.
- Stir ocassionally to prevent lumps.
- After the mixture has boiled and thicken, add the chocolate chips.
- Continue stirring until the chocolate chips are dissolved and pudding is smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Can you guess where I’m going to use this? Come back tomorrow and you’ll see…..
an entry for . Have a great weekend!