Ensaladang Talong or this eggplant salad is usually eaten as a sidedish. It is best eaten with something fried or grilled. peanutbutter♥ made this yesterday lunch as a side dish to our fried fish. One of my New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight and him to eat healthier this year, so we are incorporating more veggies and fish in our diet.
My sister,a few cousins and I made a contest to lose weight which started out last January 2. Each of us will be giving out P1,000 [$20] and the person who loses the most weight by March 2 will get the pot money. So, you guys would probably see some healthier food posts….which I hope would last all year round,heehee [But knowing myself, it’ll probably be just in the first quarter of the year, lol]
Anyway, there are many versions of this eggplant salad. Some wants them chunky so they cut the eggplant in small pieces and some, like us, mash them up.
Filipino Eggplant Salad [ala peanutbutter♥]
- 2 eggplants
- 2 salted egg
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 1 large onion,sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil or Charcoal Grill eggplant until soft.
- You can choose to grill or not to grill the tomatoes.
- Cut and scrape off eggplant meat using a spoon.
- Mash salted egg with eggplant.
- Add onions and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.