Ginisang Upo is sautéed bottle gourd that is big on flavor and nutrition. This particular recipe makes use of shrimp but you can also use ground pork, pork belly, and even canned sardines to make it budget-friendly.
What I love about this is that it’s so easy to cook and it’s very healthy. It will take you about 20 minutes to cook it. O diba, and dali lang may healthy and delicious ulam na tayo to serve to our family.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
Nagluluto rin ba kayo nito, mommies?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 large upo, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato,chopped
- 500g, shrimp, shells removed and heads set aside and deveined
- 1 shrimp cube
- 1 cup water
- patis and pepper to taste
- Boil the shrimp heads in 1 cup water to make shrimp stock. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato in oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until it turns orange.
- Pour in the shrimp stock and add the shrimp cube.
- Bring to a boil then add the upo. Simmer until cooked.
- Season with pepper and patis, if needed.
- Serve with steaming hot rice.