Remember the rhyme about the old woman who lived in a shoe? She had so many children she didn’t know what to do. Today, I think the old woman dropped by our house and left six of her children with us. No. just kidding. That was four nieces and two nephews that was dropped here this afternoon. It’s the start of Summer vacation and these kids are going to take some of their vacation days here. I’m sure the house will be crazy.
Add Ykaie and Chellie to these six kids and we have eight kids to take care of. Dinner time was a little bit of chaos because we normally set the table for just one—Ykaie. Sis and I just graze and just eat a little of this and that. Today, the table and the meal was for eight children. Can you imagine the noise and the riot??
OMG! This is going to be fun! I can’t wait for the activities we’ll be doing with these kids. But you know what, I’m glad that I was able to stick to my light meals all throughout the day….
6 Asparagus spears
3 pcs ham squares,divided into two
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
- Wrap each asparagus spear with ham and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the asparagus on a baking tray.
- Put a few drops of olive oil on each asparagus.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 200° until asparagus gets nice and tender.