A tub of Selecta Hazelnut Brownie ice cream would really be perfect right now.
While you’re at it, why don’t you throw in a Big Mac, some fries and some chicken nuggets too?
I’m kidding!! Who needs it when I’ve got some nice, delicious and healthy stuffed mushie right here?
It’s actually my first time cooking Portobello mushroom and I admit, I’m a little intimidated at first. But as we got acquainted, I realized I could love this guy. He’s got the texture of meat and I’m a carnivore. Hey, we could be soulmates!
…although, I don’t think I can be soulmates with something that couldn’t take a bath. True. They say you shouldn’t wash Portobello mushrooms because they absorb a lot of water. You should only wipe it with a damp cloth and its good to go.
- 4 pieces Portobello mushroom
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 300g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spinach leaves,chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in heated oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Pour in tomato sauce and add spinach.
- Cook until wilted then add chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir for 30 seconds.Turn-off heat and set aside.
- Brush portobello mushroom with a little olive oil and grill for 30 seconds or you can stuff them immediately.
- If you grill the mushroom, stuffed them with the ground beef mixture, put grated mozzarella on top and bake in the oven at 250° for just 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- If you stuff the mushroom without grilling, put grated mozzarella on top and bake in the oven at 250° for just 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a salad on the side .