I can and I will…. that’s what I’ve been telling myself for the past three days.
I’ve been repeating it over and over like a mantra…
You want to know what’s that all about, don’t you? Well, I downloaded Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T the other day….
I figured a video isn’t so hard to follow and so I say my mantra ….I can and I will….
I just want to incorporate some exercise into my everyday life….not really aiming for that “Hip Hop Abs” because I know it’s not gonna happen… I love butter and sugar too much….Oh dear me.
Sis ate half a bag of Cadbury chocolate eclairs last night while watching Being Human. I pass by her when I go to the kitchen and I could practically smell the caramel and chocolate.
I ate 6 pieces.
I haven’t done a single thing on that video. Go on laugh. I’m embarassed.
Today, I promise I’m going to do some working out….
I can and I will.
And I’m gonna reward myself with Bacon Jam tomorrow….
And if, miraculously, I lose some weight, I will reward myself with an htc desire hd — the latest Windows 7 phone — for a job well done.
And as if you didn’t already know, here’s the recipe for that Crispy Shrimp Wonton I made…Print
Crispy Shrimp Wontons
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- sprigs fresh cilantro , leaves and tender stems
- 1 tblsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger , grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 500g large shell-on shrimp
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- square wonton wrappers
- sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Whisk together soy sauce, chopped cilantro, lemon zest, grated ginger and sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on, and devein.
- Add to soy mixture and marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp in a colander, spread out on paper towels, and pat dry.
- Spread out wonton wrappers and working with one wrapper at a time, put several cilantro leaves and stems along wrapper edge nearest you. Top them with a shrimp, arranging shrimp lengthwise so that tail extends beyond wrapper. Fold the wrapper edge opposite the tail over shrimp.
- Brush far edge of wrapper with water and, starting with near edge, roll wrapper loosely around shrimp, forming a package. Press seam firmly to seal. Do this with all of the shrimp.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Fry shrimps until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce
OMG..I totally love that you wrapped the shrimp IN the wontons!!!!!!
I like the idea of rewarding oneself for losing weight. I might consider that too 🙂
oooh. yum! my brother loves shrimp and I’m sure he’ll definitely love this! 😀
That looks awesome!
These look delicious! Yum! I love shrimp.
hahahha! I know how you feel. For the past 3 years or so I’ve tried a lot of things to help me lose weight: (in no particular order) pills, ab-swing, the bean, gym, badminton. But apparently exercise isn’t really my thing. Right now the only thing I’m doing is getting an almost daily dose of running, and I’m glad to say I’m not getting tired of it. Hopefully I never will. Good luck on your “hip hop journey” and maybe the key is balance – eat and exercise heartily. 😀
hi peachkins, you are very funny, keep up your mantra and you will eventually do it…
take it easy, its just exercise, its fun, it will make you have a slim sexy body…ha ha more mantras for you.
seriously, just go for it..you will be rewarded…ooops wnatn fried looks yummy huh
have a nice day
YOU CAN DO IT!
I actually really want that video. shaun T makes my life happier.
Well you DID! The wontons looks SO delicious
I’m just imagining myself munching on several, make that many, pieces of those shrimps! I wish I had someone like you in my household, haha! 🙂