To go with the theme of Blue and Purple, I decided to make Kool-Aid Popcorn as one of the party food. Sis made the container which I printed out.
Kool-Aid Popcorn is simply flavored popcorn that is made using Kool-Aid. You can make it in any flavor you want. The result is more like candy popcorn which kids will love to munch on. This is perfect for snacks or for a party because you can make it in any color that you want matching the theme of the party.
How To Make Kool-Aid Popcorns
- 10 cups light buttered popcorn (you can use plain as well)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- ½teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package of kool-aid. Go for the color that will match your party.
- For Crunchier popcorn, preheat your oven to 225ºF
- Pour your 10 cups of popcorn into a greased bowl (spray with pam).
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, and kool-aid to a boil for about 6 minutes and continuously stir
- Take the mixture off of the heat and add the baking soda. This will make it puff up.
- Pour the puffed up mixture over the popcorn and evenly coat.
For softer and Chewier popcorn just take the popcorn and place it on a non stick mat or parchment paper to let it harden.
For crunchier popcorn, place it in the oven at 225ºF for 10-20 minutes. This will help dry the popcorn out, giving it more of a candy coating vs a soft chewy coating. Once done, immediately place on parchment or a non stick mat to harden.
Do not let it harden in the pan or good luck trying to get it out ;).