I think my subconscious felt the need to be comforted today.
I think it has a life of its own and thinking about having to attend to a meeting two hours away from where we I live, it made me think about comfort food.
S’mores is one of my favorite comfort food of all time. It’s a little package consisting of crunch, fluff, cocoa and sweetness. And those charred parts are always the best part of the marshmallows because they give out this smoky, roasty flavor that can only be heightened by the gooey fluff that is sure to follow when you sink your teeth into it.
When you do… surely, there will be oohhhs and aaahhhs that will follow.
That’s exactly what happened to me… my errands for the days seemed irrelevant…
I know this is going to make me work out twice as hard but it’s just sooo GOOD. It’s gonna be worth it.
Since I have strawberries from a failed experiment last night, I thought of giving my S’mores a little twist and gathered my ingredients from my magic blue box.
What’s great about this Caramelized Strawberry S’mores is that eventhough the strawberries were caramelized, some of its tartness remained and it balances out all the sweetness from the chocolate and the marshmallows.
These are the S’mores sans the strawberries. Classic graham crackers, roasted marshmallows and Hershey’s chocolate…
In a hurry, I just put everything in the microwave and then heat it for 10 seconds or just until the marshmallows ballooned. But if I wanted it charred, I put it in the oven. That’s the most I could do to get the taste nearest to that roasted in open flame.
- Graham crackers
- hershey’s chocolate or nutella, your call
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a small skillet and heat until it caramelizes. You’ll know it has caramelized when it gives out a brownish tone and glaze.
- Assemble your S’mores: Put marshmallow on top of graham crackers and heat in the oven until marshmallows bubbles or get’s charred.
- Take it out and put hershey’s chocolate on top, put it back in the oven until chocolate melts.
- Top with a spoonful of caramelized strawberries before eating