On to adding more snowman in our Noche Buena table, I made this white chocolate covered cherries into melting snowman heads..hahaha..
It looks cute but why does it sound so creepy when I say snowman heads ? Or is it just me having a Halloween hangover, sorry. LOL!
Anyway, this is very easy to make and also a fun activity to have with your kid(s).
- 10 pieces fresh cherries or maraschino cherries with stem
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- a few drops of orange food color
- Make sure your cherries are clean and dry. If you are using maraschino cherries, drain them well and then wipe with tissue to dry.
- Combine 1 cup white chocolate chips and canola oil and melt in the microwave.
- Dip each cherry in white chocolate and let the white chocolate harden.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Use a piping bag or a toothpick to draw eyes and mouth.
- Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and add a few drops of orange food color.
- Use piping bag or toothpick to draw the snowman’s nose.
- Let the chocolate harden before serving