I don’t cook Corned Beef Sopas — this is actually the first time I cooked it. The reason is because peanutbutter♥ is not a fan of using corned beef to flavor this soup we love. I always use chicken. But one cold rainy morning na wala kaming chicken sa freezer and there was a mighty craving for sopas — yun na!
I put slices of Mekeni Picnic Hotdog for extra flavor and texture.
As a family, we really love eating soups, partnered with sandwiches for a light dinner or just soup itself to warm us up when it’s cold. Sopas is a favorite. What I love about this is that it’s cheap, you can use any kind of pasta or noodles (a great way to use leftover pasta), and it’s nutritious because of the different kinds of vegetables and milk — most of all, it’s filling!
May mga iba pa ba kayong recipe dyan ng sopas mga mommies? Gusto ko i-try!
OTHER SOUP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Corned Beef Sopas
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 hotdogs, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 can of corned beef
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups water + 2 chicken cubes
- 2 1/2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 carrot, chopped into small cubes
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped into small cubes
- 1 big can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a pot and fry your hotdog slices for about 3 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Using the same pot and oil, Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the corned beef and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add the cooked macaroni, carrots, and hot dogs. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and evaporated milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.