Today, I was inspired to move and work my ass off. — Yeah, small miracle. I figured it’s about time to work out again after quite a while of not doing it. 30 minutes was all I can do and man, was I out of breath!
I figured it’s enough (for now) and I’m hoping it’s a start of doing it again daily. I told peanutbutter♥ I am committing myself into an exercise routine. Crossing my fingers I’d be able to do it.
I feel sluggish and tired all the time. I think my skin is also taking a hit, it’s becoming dull. I need all the energy I could get from working out as well as flushing out the toxins. We need to glow, don’t we ladies? As usual, I did Hip Hop Abs because it’s what I have handy but I promise I’d do other routines as well as time goes by.
Last month, I received a package from Myra Holistic Skin Care. It says Holistic Skin Care means taking care of our skin from the inside and the package includes some items that will help me take care of my skin.
The package contains Kor Water Bottle, the popular hydration vessel of Oprah, Gwyneth Paltrow, Martha Stewart, and David Beckham (naks!), Yummy! Healthy at home Recipe Book, and Myra 300E and 400E.
Yes, facial creams and lotions helps in taking care of our skin but it’s not enough. Recent studies now show that the real secret to healthy, young-looking and glowing skin has to start from within.To get that effortless, “lit from within” glow, you have to complement your creams and lotions with a healthy lifestyle and way of life. Here’s a list of things you have to do to get healthy glowing skin:
- Sleep.Your entire body, including your skin, goes into repair mode while you snooze. Help your skin cells regenerate and your facial muscles relax by making sure you catch quality sleep. Still feel like you’re not getting enough rest when you wake up in the morning? One of the reasons could be that your alarm is rousing you in the middle of your deep-sleep stage. To make mornings less of a drag—or if you know you’re only catching a few hours of shuteye—try setting a wake-up time that’s a multiple of 90 minutes. This is the length of the average sleep cycle, so you’re sure to wake up to a beautiful morning.
- Exercise. Even though you know that a good work out is great for your heart, lungs, and mental outlook, chances are, you’re still not hitting the gym as much as you should. Here’s a little motivation that’ll inspire you to get moving: Regular exercise is also one of the keys to scoring healthy skin. By increasing blood flow, exercise helps nourish skin cells and keeps them vital. It also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals, from working cells. Think of it as a cleanse for your skin, but from the inside.
- Hydrate. Healthy skin is well-hydrated skin. If you want your complexion to glow, you need to make sure that you’re drinking enough H20 on a daily basis. Keep this Kor water bottle on your desk at work or in your car, and remember to sip often. Want to add a little flavor? Toss in a lemon wedge or a splash of fruit juice—it’s a great substitute for sugary sodas or iced teas.
- Eat Well. Did you know that the food you eat matters to your skin almost as much as it does to your waistline? This is because your skin uses vitamins and nutrients from food to repair and rebuild damaged skin cells. Make time to plan your meals daily with the help of this Yummy Light Meals recipe book, so you don’t end up going for unhealthy options or fast food.
- Take Vitamin E. This is where the heart of Holistic Skin Care is. As you go about your usual work day, you get exposed to bad and uncontrollable free radicals that damage your cells. The result: tired-looking skin that looks dull, dry, and aging. Help your skin bounce back and recoup easily by adding a daily dose of Vitamin E to your diet. Since this vitamin isn’t produced by the body, taking a powerful Vitamin E supplement like Myra, can help. It’s rich in anti-oxidants to help boost your skin from within and also stops skin-damaging, free radicals from stealing life from your cells. The best part is, it also repairs damaged cells and works hard to protect the healthy ones. And with more healthy cells in your body, you’ll be able to have beautiful, glowing and younger-looking skin throughout the years to come.
Aside from taking Myra 400E and working out in the morning, I will also try to eat healthier and practice portion control. I adapted this Chocolate Quinoa Pudding from the Yummy Healthy at Home Cookbook. I only made one serving and put banana slices on top. A healthy breakfast, yes?
Chocolate Quinoa Pudding
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 11/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sliced Bananas, or any of your favorite fruit for topping
- Soak quinoa in water for 10 minutes and wash well.
- Combine quinoa, milk, and honey in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir in cocoa powder.
- Keep stirring for 30- 40 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Transfer to serving bowls and enjoy with sliced bananas on top.