We are having a lot of seafood dishes these days. Sometimes I think it’s more than what I could handle. I am not a fish person, you see. But my peanutbutter♥ enjoys fish as much as I enjoy my pork bellies and beef sirloins.
When we did the grocery last week, we found this frozen boneless asuhos amongst the other frozen seafood in the supermarket freezer. Asuhos is Silver Sillago. My mother often cooks fresh asuhos into Paksiw or this other recipe with soup. It’s my first time to see frozen asuhos fillets — I must be living under a rock these days.
We bought this without any idea what to do with it. I know it wouldn’t taste as good if I cook it into paksiw, so I thought I’d just fry it. It was marinated in a calamansi-knorr seasoning mixture, dredged into flour and then fried to to a crisp golden brown. Then, it was dipped into/drizzled/smothered with this wonderful Cilantro Butter which when microwaved turns into instant sauce.
Asuhos fillets are perfect for frying because it’s thin and it gets crispy even when you fry it for a only short period of time.
So what has been happening to me these past few days? Well, since it’s humpday, let me give you a recap.
I had a haircut yesterday. Nothing dramatic, just a much needed trim because my hair is just screaming for it. I’m planning to have it rebonded again maybe next month. Right now, I just want to get rid of old hair.
Ykaie had a recreational swimming at the school swimming pool in the morning. She had so much fun swimming with her classmates but they had to go back to class afterwards. Oh, they have a field trip coming up.
I’m having fun with our dog, J.R. Can you believe it? and I love him to pieces even if he doesn’t smell cute at times. He finally learned how to go up and down the two flights of stairs at home. Something which used to scare the hell out of him on his first month with us.
It’s been a challenge living in our own home. I’ve been planning to start on my Halloween recipes but sometimes I just get too tired to even take out my Halloween thingies. On top of that, life is gonna get busy next week because I will be attending several events here and there. It’s still a good October and I’m crossing my fingers for it to turn into amazing.
How’s your week so far?
- 350g of boneless asuhos fish ( Silver Sillago)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp Knorr seasoning, to taste
- ½ tsp cracked black Pepper
- Oil for frying
- This delicious Cilantro Butter to make into sauce.
- To make sure you don't get any of that frozen taste, wash and clean the boneless asuhos and gently squeeze water out of it.
- In a large bowl, combine calamansi juice, knorr seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
- Marinate boneless asuhos in the calamansi-knorr seasoning mixture for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Dredge each piece of boneless asuhos in flour and then fry in ho oil until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- To turn this wonderful Cilantro Butter into sauce, just microwave for a few seconds until it melts.
- Serve Crispy Boneless Asuhos with Cilantro Butter Sauce on the side.