OMG. Is it thursday? Where has the time gone? Tuesday and Wednesday has been such long busy days that I’ve been dreaming of getting deliciously loong sleeping time on cold air conditioned room and tucked inside warm blankets since yesterday. Of course, I could lock myself inside our bedroom and do just that but Ykaie is back to school and to top it off, she has exams for three days — including saturday.
We are so back to waking up at 4:30 am-ish. So pardon me if I sound drunk on this blog…..
And before I embarrass myself and talk about things I shouldn’t be talking about, let’s talk about cheesecake.
This Cherry Cheesecake was our dessert last NYE. Instead of sugar, which I used with the Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars, I used condensed milk as a sweetener. It must be my imagination but I swear it gave an extra oomph to its taste. Because I was in a hurry and we were preparing other dishes, I didn’t bother to put this in a water bath anymore. It wasn’t as smooth as expected but it tasted heavenly. It was gone before the night was over. I was kinda bitin and I promise to make one again to be eaten as dessert or with coffee at home.
Cheesecake is my favorite and I’m playing with different recipes to get my perfect cheesecake.Print
For the crust:
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 300ml can of condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 can Ruby Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Use a fork to mix everything together and then pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. Do not turn off the oven.
- Meanwhile, using a stand or electric mixer, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
- Then add in eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat until creamy and combined.
- Pour filling over the crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Return pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until filling is set but still jiggly in the center.
- Cool for an hour then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Pour in Ruby Cherry Pie Filling on top and then put it back in the fridge for an hour to chill before serving.