Hi. Hello. How’s monday treating you so far? Back to work? Did you miss the traffic?
So far so good in the Adarne household today. This morning, peanutbutter♥ and I ran an errand at the Registry of Deeds. Something for our dear old car, Ianne A. The staff who assisted us told us the document we need won’t be ready until monday next week. After getting that document, we need to go to Baguio to get another document before we can have Ianne A. registered here in Caloocan. So yeah, there’ll be a trip coming up this month. And to Baguio at that! I’m praying we’ll have a budget so we can extend our stay. This is a totally unplanned trip you know.
Last weekend, I promised to put away the Christmas decorations come monday…only I wasn’t able to. Because a pregnant woman needs her sleep, you know..heehee. Oh well, there’s tomorrow and the next day and the next day. All the Christmas decors here at home will be put away by the end of this week and that’s a promise.
Meanwhile, let me tell you about this Maple-Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Roasted Veggies which tastes exactly like vegetable candy. This is my ideal vegetable side dish because, well, it has my favorite bacon all neatly tied up in the middle of the vegetables. duh! It’s simple, easy to do and guaranteed to be loved by everyone!
Happy Monday! Hope we can make it up until Fridaaayy!
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long spears
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 200g green beans,
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Cut the carrots approximately the same size as the asparagus and green beans.
- Get 1 asparagus spear, 1 carrot spear, and one green bean. Tie into a bundle with a piece of bacon and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 200 ºC (390 ºF) for about 15 minutes or until veggies are just about done. After 15 minutes, brush the veggies and the bacon with maple syrup to act as glaze.
- Place them back in the oven for another minute.
- Serve warm.