It’s happening. My tummy is getting bigger that I am having a bit of difficulty trying to sleep in a normal position. I now sleep sideways, either turned to the left or the right with a pillow supporting my back.
Today, I woke up with tired hips. I wanted to go back to bed but felt like it wouldn’t solve my problem because I won’t be able to lie down comfortably anyway.
The craving for twister fries and bowls of soups have been replaced by cheesecake and pasta and weird food I wouldn’t be eating if I wasn’t pregnant.
peanutbutter♥, Ykaie and even our dog JayR had been nothing but supportive. peanutbutter♥ has been giving me more massage than usual. Ykaie is getting me yogurt, water, and things I need. And JayR, well, he’s a dog and he supports me the best way he knows how — by sitting there with his silly smiling face of his with his tongue out. Well, it feels like he’s being supportive.
I made Ube Cheesecake (Purple Yam Cheesecake) over the weekend mainly because of my cravings but another reason is because it was my mother’s birthday and we had a small celebration at home. peanutbutter♥ loves Ube and cheesecake too, so combining these two flavors sends his tastebuds into cheesecake heaven.
Instead of using raw ube (purple yam), I used the Ube Jam bought from Good Shepherd. I like it because it wasn’t too sweet which made my cheesecake turn out not too sweet either— with all the creamy flavor of cheese, milk, and ube.
I’m starting to feel my little bun’s movement in my tummy and although I’m having some difficulty in sleeping …. I am still thoroughly enjoying my pregnancy.
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 300ml can of condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Ube Jam (I used Good Shepherd's)
- 4 drops purple food color (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Use a fork to mix everything together and then pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. Do not turn off the oven.
- Meanwhile, using a stand or electric mixer, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
- Then add in eggs, vanilla extract, and Ube Jam.
- Continue to beat until creamy and combined.
- Pour filling over the crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place a pan filled with water under the baking rack. This will prevent the cheesecake from being dry and cracking during baking.
- Return pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until filling is set but still jiggly in the center.
- Cool for an hour then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Serve chilled.