This Low Carb Taco Soup is a delicious, light, keto friendly meal with all that wonderful taco flavor we all love♥!
Finally! I was able to summon up all the sipag I have in my body to start execising again. After so many months without work out and eating up sweets and being so lazy in the morning — today, I hauled ass and did a 30-minute work out.
I figured it’s about time because I’ve been feeling sluggish and even more lazy. I needed more energy during the day. Aside from that, school will start next month and I will need all the energy that I can get. Of course, the keto diet is working but I get stressed with peanutbutter♥ when he gets envious everytime Ykaie eats rice…LOL! He feels so deprived and kawawa.
Anyway, I made a pot of this Low Carb Taco Soup over the week for freezing. I know it’s still Summer and it’s really hot but we love soup for breakfast and dinner. This makes life easier for us because we just have to get a serving from the freezer and re-heat whenever we want soup.
Making this Low Carb Taco Soup is actually really easy because I just took my Healthier Taco Soup recipe and removed all the carbs. Then I replaced the ground beef with ground chicken. It still tastes really good and satisfies your soup cravings.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g ground chicken
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth OR 1 chicken broth cube dissolved in 4 Cups water
- ½ packet taco seasoning (or 1 packet depending on how strong you want the taco flavor)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ block of cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- spring onions and grated cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pot and sauté onions and garlic until onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground chicken and cook until brown.
- Add taco seasoning, diced tomato, celery, and chicken broth.
- Mix well and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese. Mix well and simmer until cream cheese has melted.
- Seasonw ith salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chopped spring onions and grated cheddar cheese on top.
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 234
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Trans Fat g|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!