Banoffee Pie ~ bananas, toffee (dulce de leche),whipped cream, and chocolate shavings on a cookie crust. So easy to do… and so good.
I know you already know what a Banoffee Pie is. It’s one of the easiest dessert you can make with ingredients that are easiest to find. The first time sis and I made Banoffee Pie was back in 2008 for Ykaie’s 10th month celebration. It didn’t look much but we were pretty happy with the outcome since it was our first time and we were actually the only ones who ate it.
Last November 2 was my tatay’s birthday and this Banoffee Pie was the dessert. Sis and I cooked for him. My brother brought along his kids. We had Baked Macaroni, Prawn Thermidor, Macaroni Salad, Baked Mashed Potato, Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Fried Chicken, and Pancit. It was a small celebration which was held here at home.
This is actually the lazy way to make Banoffee Pie. It’s when you have lots of food to cook but you forgot dessert. You see, dulce de leche is something you could make and forget about for two or three hours while you scramble in the kitchen. And this, this dessert is so easy you can make it in a hurry.
Pie crust is made by combining crushed graham and butter, pressing it into a foil tin, then baking until fragrant. In comes in the Dulce de leche and sliced bananas. Then I used ready-made whipped cream to top it all off. Garnish with grated chocolate and Voila! we have dessert.
Tatay is really game with the wacky pose with his grandchildren. Happy Birthday Tatay!I hope you liked what we prepared and you had fun.
This deserves a second round. peanutbutter♥ and I were only able to eat a slice each.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- 3 bananas
- canned whipped cream
- milk chocolate for garnish
- Combine crushed graham crackers and butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Press the mixture in the bottom and up on the sides of a baking pan or a foil pan.
- Bake in the oven at 375ºF (190ºC) for 10 minutes.
- You can spread the Dulce De Leche onto the crust before the slice bananas go in or you can pour it out onto the sliced bananas. Your call.
- Since we are using ready-made whipped cream, you should put tis inside the fridge until ready-to-serve.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and garnish with grated chocolate.