Ykaie and I had a magical moment in the kitchen baking this easy-to-do, kid-friendly Strawberry Cupcakes with Easy Vanilla Buttercream…
I love baking and I’m so glad that Ykaie loves it too. As a matter of fact, baking is one of our favorite bonding activity. I love baking with Ykaie because she can learn a lot of things from it. I think it’s where she learned basic skills like following instructions with the recipe. There are times when I get swamped with work and my day gets too tiring and busy but I make sure I find the time to bake with Ykaie. It’s one way I can destress and at the same time be closer with my daughter. Baking together is a lot of fun, specially if you like to eat — like us!
When it comes to baking ingredients such as all purpose flour and cake flour,we’ve always trusted Maya. Our baking activity for today is made magical by the new Maya Pancake & Baking Mix which makes this recipe so easy to do. Ykaie even got excited because her favorite Disney character Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) is in one of the boxes.
Aside from being easy to do, what I love about this recipe is that it is kid-friendly and the kid-friendly tasks are labeled with “K”.
Here’s what we did to come up with these delectable Strawberry Cupcakes with Easy Vanilla Buttercream:
First you have to prepare all the ingredients you need for the cupcakes like Maya Pancake and Baking Mix, sugar, oil, eggs, lemon extract, strawberry jam, and water.
Eggs, jam, and butter should be at room temperature prior to baking for ease of mixing.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two 3-oz, 6-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Make sure you let the oven preheat for at least 30-minutes before baking.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
Scoop batter into each hole, filling until ¾ full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Prepare the ingredients for the Vanilla Buttercream. We have butter, shortening, confectioner’s sugar. milk, and vanilla extract.
Using a ixer or a wooden spoon, cream butter and shortening together until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, followed by the milk and vanilla.
Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, add more sugar to reach the desired consistency. Then pipe or spread on top of the cooled cupcakes.
We garnished our cupcakes with some fresh strawberries to make it more delicious!
Mommies and Daddies, if you’re interested in some kid-appropriate recipes, drop by www.newgenbaker.com! They have recipes which your child can enjoy baking with you or with some friends.
- 1 pack Maya Pancake and Baking Mix (350g)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Line two 3-oz, 6-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Make sure you let the oven preheat for at least 30-minutes before baking.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well-combined (K)
- Scoop batter into eeach hole, filling until ¾ full (K)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. remove from the pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a mixer or a wooden spoon, cream butter and shortening together until fluffy. (K)
- Gradually add the sugar followed by milk and vanilla. (K)
- Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary add more sugar to reach desired consistency. (K)
- Pipe or spread on top of cooled cupcake (K)