These Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken Thighs are roasted in a flavorful citrus and herb marinade that turns into a wonderful glaze..
What I l♥ve about the Christmas season? It’s BUSY! There are tons of parties, relatives are coming home from abroad, there’s a lot of fetching from airports, lots of lunches, lots of dinners, lots of coffees. There’s lots of work, laundry, and food — makes it so hard to lose weight…*sniff*. There are a gazillion of birthdays (including mine)!
What I don’t like about it? It’s BUUUSSY! Schedule is hectic and you really have to plan around. I haven’t done my Christmas shopping! Traffic is horrendous. That 30 minute ride to the mall now takes 2 hours. There’s lots of work, laundry, and food — makes it so hard to lose weight…*sniff*.
I’m not a grinch, of course, and I am enjoying — basking, even — in the busiest, most wonderful time of the year.
We haven’t been home much and had been eating out a lot lately with family. When we are home though, we feel like there’s a mountain of chores all ready to attack us. So what we do is cook food which you can leave in the stove so we can multitask. This Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken Thighs is one of those recipes which allow you to do some other things while cooking and yet give you something flavorsome to eat later.
I have done a version of this way back in 2009 (click: Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken) but I like using chicken thighs now because the meat doesn’t become too dry even if you over cook it.
Orange and rosemary is still one of my favorite flavor combinations and it is so good with chicken!
It’s fifteen days to go until Christmas. I hope you’re at least half done with your Christmas shopping. We might be dropping by the mall today to finish ours.Print
Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 6 pieces Chicken Thighs
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary or fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, rosemary, minced garlic, soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, salt and pepper and the juice of one orange. Mix well.
- Marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for half a day or overnight.
- Roast chicken in an oven at 220ºC for 20 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 190ºC and continue roasting for 15 – 20 more minutes or until chicken is brown.
- Baste chicken with leftover marinade from time to time.
- Add orange slices and continue baking for 5 minutes until the fruit caramelizes.
- Serve with brown rice.