Easy and delicious Baked Ziti baked and served using the new Luminarc Smart Cuisine 250º….
Pasta is on our regular menu rotation here at home. We love Mushroom Cream Pasta, Spaghetti Carbonara, and even a good Tinapa Spaghetti. But the other day, Ykaie wanted some Baked Ziti and I thought it was a great way to try my new Luminarc Smart Cuisine 250ºC. Besides a pasta bake is a good excuse to get all those ooey gooey bubbly cheese going on.
Btw, Luminarc Smart Cuisine 250ºC is latest among Luminarc’s range of dishes. It’s simple, smart, highly resistant and super light! You can use it in the oven and then direct on the dinner table for serving. Di na kailangan pang i-transfer ng food. It’s super practical, right?
My Baked Ziti started in cooking the pasta and preparing the sauce. You can make your favorite sauce from scratch or you can also use your favorite store-bought sauce. For busy moms like us, sometimes we often resort to shortcuts especially if we have a bottle of pasta sauce on the shelf. I happen to have a bottle of Everyday Essential Mushroom pPasta Sauce and that’s what I used.
I made some adjustments, though. I sautéed it in onion, garlic, ground beef and simmered it with a bit of water and additional dried oregano. Then I mixed 1 cup of the sauce with the cooked pasta and layered it on my Luminarc Smart Cuisine 250ºC together with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Then off it went in the oven at 350ºF (176ºC) for 15-20 minutes… after which I took it out to put the rest of the cheeses on top. I waited for it to get bubbly (around 5 minutes) then took it out to serve while it’s hot.
See? Isn’t it beautiful pasta dish?
See that ooey gooeey cheese?? Yumm!
This is what we had for lunch the other day and based on the smiling faces and the kisses I had that day? I’d say this is a winner. Well, I am a winner too because I was able to make an easy and delicious lunch. Plus clean up was easy peasy as well. Just clean this up like any of your regular dishes at home and stack it with your other dishes. Makes for easy storage too.
So what do I love about the new LUMINARC SMART CUISINE 250ºC?
- It’s ultra-light and durable. The Smart Cuisine 250º is made up of opal, ultra light material that is 30% lighter than ceramic or glass and is chip-resistant and more impact-resistant.
- It is deep enough to accommodate large quantities of food. The Baked Ziti I made was good for 5-6 people. It’s perfect for family dinners or when you’re hosting a meeting.
- It is oven safe. I used this to baked my pasta and served it in the same dish after.
- It is easy to clean
- It has a gentle, ergonomic shape for easy hold.
To those of you who are thinking of getting one, you can get the Luminarc Smart Cuisne and other Luminarc products in selected SM, Robinsons, Metro Gaisano, Landmark, Gaisano Malls, Lazada, Shopee and other leading department stores nationwide. You can also get them at Lazada and Shopee (links are below)
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 400g lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 jar meatless sauce, I used Essential Everyday Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 500g package Ziti pasta , cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven at 350ºF (176ºC)
- In a large skillet – heat oil and cook onions until translucent then add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add ground beef and cook till no longer pink ( drain excess fat).
- Stir in sauce, water, and oregano. Bring to a boil and simmer for a minute.
- Stir 1 cup of sauce into the “cooked” ziti pasta.
- Place ½ of the ziti into the Luminarch Smart Cuisine 250º.
- Top with 1½ cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Top with rest of sauce.
- Top with rest of pasta.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the rest of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cook till cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!