These Chocolate Banana Muffins are moist, dense banana muffins with chocolate hazelnut swirls. Eat them warm, right out of the oven or cold and pair it with just brewed coffee.
With everyone on ECQ and you can’t go out as often as you want plus kailangan din nating magtipid (the need to tighten our belts), we have to use all of our food supplies wisely. These Chocolate Banana Muffins are a product of four over ripe bananas lying around on our dining table. On a regular day, I might just freeze it and turn it into smoothies but I have three food monsters at home who are always hungry!
So I thought I’d bake them into irresistible muffins instead. I was able to make 12 Chocolate Banana Muffins and by the next day, there was one left! ONE! Ang tatakaw!
Watch The Video Here:
I think many over ripe bananas will turn into these muffins in the near future….
Kayo mommies? Anong favorite muffin flavor nyo?
OTHER MUFFIN/BANANA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tspo baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, brown sugar. Beat in egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Fill muffin tins up to ¾ full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 16-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!