I think it’s the start of the rainy season because it has rained almost every afternoon this week. And when it’s raining, syempre masarap kumain ng may sabaw like this BEEF RIBS POCHERO.
Jusme, alam nyo ba na pinag-awayan pa namin ni peanutbutter♥ ang Chorizo De Bilbao at Chinese Sausage kanina? To kasing tindera sa palengke, di alam ang tinda nya, chorizo ang tawag sa chinese sausage. Eh ang bumibili, di rin alam ang binibili. Paktay na!
Good thing alls well that ends well, that “Chorizo de Bilbao” was bought and this Pochero was cooked.
Do you know that Pochero is traditionally served with an Eggplant Sauce? The eggplant is mashed and mixed with vinegar, salt, and pepper. I don’t know why but it goes so well with this rich, tomatoe-y, flavorsome dish!
Some find this unusual,though and still makes a patis-siling labuyo sawsawan.
How about you? Which one do you prefer?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Beef Ribs Pochero + Eggplant Sauce
- 500g beef ribs, cut into chunks
- ½ head of cabbage, quartered
- 100g green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 bundle of pechay tagalog (bok choy),ends trimmed and leaves separated
- 1 pc chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 3 pcs saba bananas, sliced diagonally
- 6 cups of water
- 250g tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, to taste
- 1 pc beef cube
- 3 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- Put beef ribs and water in a pot. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- Add the beef cubes and tomato sauce. Stir.
- Add chorizo de bilbao and simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the soup to be infused with the flavor of the chorizo.
- Add fish sauce and the saba bananas and simmer for two minutes. Then add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for 1-2 minutes so as not to overcook the vegetables.
- Make Eggplant Sauce: Boil eggplant, remove the eggplant meat from the skin. Discard the skin. You can mash the eggplant or chop it to pieces. Put it in a small bowl and add vinegar,salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with steamed rice.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!