Kare-Kare is one of our family’s favorite ulams! Syempre we have different versions — Chicken Kare-Kare, Kare-Kareng Nguso (ng Baka), Vegetarian Kare-Kare, Kare-Kareng Pata but my kids favorite remains to be Kare-Kareng Bagnet. Maybe because they really love crispy fried pork belly and when you combine it with the savory peanut sauce of kare-kare,. Ay naku! Talaga naman, it becomes a whole other dish.
I made this Magical Kare-Kareng Bagnet over the holidays kasi this was requested by Twinkle and Ykaie to be one of our ulams. Syempre ginamitan ko ng konting magic and I used the easy recipe at Maggi.ph.
To those of you who are intimidated to cook Kare-Kare but wants to try it, watch the video and check out the recipe…
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
Magical Kare-Kareng Bagnet
- 500g Pork Belly
- 2 sachets MAGGI® Magic Sarap® 8g
- Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 pcs Eggplant
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 pc Onion
- 3 tbsp Ground Rice
- 1/3 cup Ground Peanuts
- 1 tsp annatto with lye + 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups Water
- 1 bunch Sitaw
- 1 bunch Pechay
- 1/2 cup Bagoong Alamang
- Season pork with 1 sachet of MAGGI MAGIC SARAP® and pepper. Fry in preheated oil until golden brown. Transfer on a cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- Fry eggplant in the same oil until golden brown. Transfer on a cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- Remove oil from the pan leaving 2 tbsp. Sauté garlic and onion in oil in a pot. Add ground rice. Stir in water and bring to simmer. Slowly add annatto water until desired color is achieved. Stir in the ground peanut. Season with remaining 1 sachet of MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®.
Ang sarap Naman Ng kare kare ma bigla ako nag crave. I will try your recipe mommy
Wow 🤤 sarap nito 😊 daming version ng luto ng kare-kare mas bet ko ito 😊 pina level up pa ang lasa , at nung fried kare-kare crunchy,😍 thanks for sharing this yummy and healthy recipe 🥰