Dahil luka-luka ang panahon today, tirik na tirik ang araw tapos biglang uulan…. it simply called for a dish that’s flavorful yet healthy — so we opted for Sinugno.
Sinugno is Ginataang Inihaw na Tilapia. The tilapia is salted and wrapped in banana leaves then charcoal grilled. After grilling, it is cooked in coconut milk and pechay. The grilled tilapia gives a smoky flavor that balances out the creaminess of the coconut milk. You can add chili flakes or bird’s eye chili to give it a little kick but because I have silent reflux and I try to avoid anything spicy, I just didn’t add any.
This is so easy to cook and will definitely leave you wanting for more rice! Ang sarap kaya ng sauce nito… sauce pa lang ulam na!
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
Sinugno (Ginataang Inihaw na Tilapia)
- 3 tilapia
- banana leaves
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp patis
- 2 bunch pechay
- Rub salt all over tilapia and wrap in banana leaves.
- Charcoal grill until almost done. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat cooking oil. Sauté onion and ginger until onion becomes translucent.
- Pour coconut cream, season with patis, and bring to a boil.
- Add the pechay and the grilled tilapia .
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice on the side.