Tacos is a part of our menu rotation at home simply because we all love tacos. Who doesn’t? It may be in the form of Beef Tacos or a Taco Salad. There are times when we also use ground chicken or shrimp or fish. Well, kahit ano pa yan, as long as it’s tacos it’s a hit with the whole family.
Yesterday was Taco Tuesday — as requested by Ykaie. Our taco filling includes: ground beef, chopped tomato, chopped onion, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheese. Just the traditional taco and we ate a lot!
I think this calls for a next round next week — or maybe Taco Salad naman.
How often do you make Beef Tacos at home?Print
- 3/4kg ground beef
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion,chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- hard taco shells
- hot sauce
- Brown the ground beef in 2 tbsp oil. Break it up using your spatula.
- Mix the taco seasoning with 3/4 cup water. Stir to dissolve and add to the browned beef.
- Simmer until beef is tender and sauce is dry. Stir it with your spatula from time to time once in a while to prevent burning. Set Aside
- Chopped Onions, tomato, shredded cabbage and grated cheese should be in separate containers.
- Build your beef tacos by putting ground beef, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and hot sauce, if using.
- Top with grated cheese.