Can you believe these lobsters came all the way from California??
These are the fresh catch of an Uncle [my mom’s brother] who loves fishing.Since they have lots of lobsters when my aunt was about to go home, they decided to freeze some and bring it home here in the Philippines…to us.What they did is they steamed the lobsters and brought it frozen.
My mother doesn’t like lobster. She says the meat is tough. My aunt doesn’t like it because its not as flavorful. So I decided to make a really nice sandwich out of it yesterday.
- Steamed lobsters,shelled and meat shredded
- wheat bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- a dash of pepper
- salt to taste
- FOR THE LEMON-GARLIC MAYONNAISE: Just combine all the ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Toast 3 pieces of wheat bread.
- Spread some lemon-garlic mayo on one side of the toast and:
- Layer 'em up: shredded lobster, lettuce, wheat bread, shredded lobster, sliced tomatoes.
- Serve immediately
I still have some more of this in the fridge I could eat later. Want one?