Today, I made some Spam Musubi and I needed some Teriyaki Sauce for dipping.
It would cost me both time and money, two things I don’t have a lot of these days, to go to the grocery and buy one. So what I did is make a teriyaki sauce based on what I have at home.
Easy Teriyaki Sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 slices of ginger
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil with constant stirring.
- Add rice vinegar. Simmer for a few seconds.
- Adjust sweetness to your liking by adding sugar.
- Only add cornstarch mixture if you want to thicken the sauce.
- I added 1 tbsp cornstarch mixture, then wait for it to boil again.
- Turn off heat and it’s done.
I got the same recipe from a cookbook of my brothers. Its really good! =)
This looks tasty! Thanks for sharing!
Ahhh! Finally someome who knows musubi! We love it and everyone thinks we are crazy for eating spam! LOL We have never had it with sauce, but we will have to try it!! Thanks for sharing!