I think I can already smell Christmas coming not far behind you. Right now, all I can think about are Pumpkin-Spiced cookies, Hot Apple Cider and Fragrant Cinnamon in the air. I know I wasn’t able to cook much this time last year but this year I am all for trying out many Fall recipes.
Fall is not one of our seasons really, so why not just experience it through food and cooking? Great idea, right?
I know you would agree.
The other day, I planned on making lime and honey glazed chicken. I found my honey in the fridge all hard and sugary, good thing I have a bottle of honey-maple syrup. It’s a bit thinner than honey but I kinda had a vision that the maple syrup would bring a different yet great flavor to this chicken recipe so I went ahead and used it.
And I was right!
Sis said she couldn’t tell the difference but I could. There’s this strong but pleasant aftertaste that the smoky maple flavor leaves in your mouth. This is a recipe definitely worth repeating.
…and now, back to watching Spartacus…
…yeah, I’m into gore, and violence and blood… that’s where I get my inspiration to create soft and serene food photos..LOL!
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp lime juice or calamansi juice
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine soysauce, honey, maple syrup and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and make sure each chicken is coated with marinade.
- I marinated my chicken for a day in the refrigerator. The longer you marinate it, the tastier it would become.
- Roast chicken in the oven at 200° for 40 minutes or until it brown and cooked.
- Baste chicken with marinade every 10 minutes. It will create a beautiful glaze.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish before serving…
Sharing this post with and and and
1,066 total views, 6 views today