ISDAAN Floating Restaurant in Calauan, Laguna

When we went to the Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta four months ago, we included going to Isdaan Floating Restaurant in Tarlac in our itinerary And because we loved the place, the food and the service so much, we made plans to go to their other branch in Calauan, Laguna.

Besides, it was a great way to put my newly acquired driving skills into practice.

We arrived there just in time for lunch and the place was jampacked full of people. We even had to wait for a few minutes before we could be seated.

We just entertained ourselves by going around. We took photos with the kids who are very happy when they saw life size statues of their favorite cartoon characters.

A Bilao of Fried Seafood {₱614}

I don’t know if they’re always this full on a Sunday or it’s just bad luck but the orders took a long time to arrive and arrived one by one. The first to arrive was the bilao of different kinds of fried seafood. It includes, mussels, squid, tilapia, crab and a small plate of ensaladang mangga.

Kinalabasang Hipon {₱409}

This is a new favorite and one which I’m planning to make in the near future ~ Shrimp cooked in squash pureé. It was like delicious, sort of like a chunky sweet bisque.

Our cottage is a little bit small for the gang, don’t you think?

Manok sa Gata, Inihaw sa Dahon {₱303}

The chicken was cooked in creamy coconut milk, wrapped in banana leaves then grilled for a few minutes. The banana leaves lent a smokey and leafy flavor to the already flavorful dish.

For our drinks, we ordered three different fresh fruit juices: Watermelon Juice, Mango Juice, and Melon Juice {₱277}. The most refreshing is the Melon Juice and the Mango Juice can be dessert because it was quite thick.

Adobong Kangkong {₱108}

We wanted to try their Laing and I wanted to Ginataang Kuhol but those weren’t available so we ordered this and some that we’ve already tried in Tarlac.

Pork belly is one of my weaknesses and I had to restrain myself in gobbling up this Marinated Inihaw na Liempo{₱292/half kg}. It was sticky and cooked perfectly.

Tacsyapong Gulay {₱106.50}

Pinatolang Baka {₱391}

I am so happy to announce that I now eat patola….. but only when cooked like this…..hee.

Melon Sago and Mango Sago {₱83}

Our meal ender were these glasses of cold melon shake and mango shake with baby tapioca pearls….

Halo-Halo {₱95}

…and this pretty Halo-halo with Gumamela flower on her ears.

Kudos to these three waiting staff in charge of our area. They had to give in to my cousin Tess’s every whim…LOL! Kidding aside, they do give good customer service and they do so too with a smile.

Check out more photos and details over at my travel blog: The Wandering Peach

Isdaan Floating Restaurant
Barangay Hanggan
Calauan, Laguna

Comments

1. Juliana says

What an awesome place and the food looks spectacular :)
    Great pictures! Hope you are having a fun week!

2. Anthonymendoza says

masarap ngg ung pagkain,, kaso sobrng tagl ng pagdating, gutom ng ung gf ko kakahintay sa pagkain nyong sunog ung sinaing,, ung mga impliyado nyo ang papanget,, palitan nyo naman ng presentable, sobrang mahal pa ng food, kala moh ginto n ung pagkain nyo,, kulang kulang pa ung serve nyo,, bwist

• Onathzky says

Tama si Peachkins… hindi ito pahina ng bulgar.. Blog ito ni Peach.. at hindi website ng Isdaan… by the way Peach, sa picture pa lang angsarap na..  I’ve been there in Laguna (and batangas) pero hindi ko pa alam yan resto na yan.. attractive ang view. gusto ko din dalhin family ko dyan at friends!. Thanks sa info Peach. nice blog.

• Shiela says

I haven’t been to Isdaan yet but I just noticed your vulgar words. Hindi naman beauty contest yan, restaurant yan. Kung namamahalan ka huwag ka kumain diyan. Maging edukado ka naman, children are also reading blogs like this.

• Mahal says

Kung namahalan ang isang customer, he is just stating an opinion! kung mahal  ay hwag kang kumain dyan..anong sagot naman yan! Yan ang vulgar!

• Ben says

I agree with shiela i’m from laguna and i think we are lucky to have a restaurant like isdaan that we can bring our family and foreign guest. i’ve been there several times and i didn’t experience what you’ve experienced. tama si shiela kung hindi mo kayang kumain  sa ganung klaseng restaurant e di pumunta ka sa ibang kainan na kaya ng bulsa mo and stop insulting people.

3. lyziealys says

Been their before sa Laguna branch….the best ang foods..ang ganda nung place.very unique.. ang babait ng mga employee… Worth it

4. Aletjoy says

hi alam niyo po ba paano pumunta dito kung magkocommute??? galing po ng manila. wala po kasi kaming sasakyan . thankyou

5. rowelyn says

Hi po to all specially sa admin ng isdaan sa laguna. I have a question lang po. Meron po bng pool jan n pdeng gmitin? Kz me & my family are planning to have our vacation trip there so to the day gus2 sna nmeng mag swimming after we enjoy the whole isdaan. Thank u. Pls need reply. God bless. rowelynropa@yahoo.com