This tortang talong has been modified to fit our so-called diet.Currently, My sister who calls herself Anney and I are on SBD.Well,sort of. I am on a semi-SBD,hahaha.Print
Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omelet)
- 3 eggplants
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 1 small onion,chopped
- 1 small tomato,chopped
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small bell pepper,chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100g ground lean pork
- Broil eggplant until tender.Peel off the skin and mash the meat with a fork keeping everything intact.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a small skillet.
- Sauté onion.Once onion is translucent add tomato and ground pork.Cook until meat is brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sautéed mixture to beaten eggs.
- Heat leftover oil in another skillet. Put eggplant and a little of the egg mixture in a saucer.
- Bring saucer near the skillet and tip,lowering eggplant into the oil.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.