It’s almost Summer. The days are hotter, the sun is working double time. The air conditioner in my small internet café is turned on most of the day. Right now, we are looking for a nice resort where we can spend some, say two to three days of R&R.This would be the highlight of my Summer, so it should be somewhere really really nice.
I can almost smell the sun, sand and the fun! I love going to the beach, it is such a welcome change of atmosphere. I am already looking forward to relaxed nights with my peanutbutter♥, my sissy and my closest cousins. I am also thinking that maybe I could drown my fears in the water.
Today, we are going to the mall to shop for luggage. Someone in the family will be traveling soon and needs a bigger luggage than the one we have.Print
Roasted Pork Belly with Pineapple
- 750g pork belly, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp iodized salt
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, fresh or canned juice included.
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions and salt. Mix well.
- Marinate pork belly in the mixture. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a day before cooking it. This would make it very tasty.
- Pre-heat oven to 250°F.
- Arrange pork belly in a baking pan with the marinade and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Make sure to turn every 10 minutes.
- Combine crushed pineapples and brown sugar, pour over roasted pork belly and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning after one side is brown.
- The pineapple and sugar should be a wonderful glaze at this time.
- Serve with hot steamed rice or salad.
I hope you are having a great start of the week. Happy Monday!