This is our dinner for day1 at the Piña Colina Resort in Tagaytay.
If you will notice, that’s the Cucumber Salad on the side. The one that balanced out the saltiness of the pulled pork.
The pulled-pork was pre-made the day before we left for Tagaytay. I roasted the pork in the oven for two hours before pulling them into shreds. I was still pulling it apart at 12am,LOL!
It was just reheated during dinner time before putting it inside the toasted Ciabatta.
I know you probably want the recipe for this already..so here it is.
- 1 kg pork tenderloin cut in into 2 or 3
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp calamansi or lemon juice
- Ciabatta bread
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, sugar and calamansi in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Make sure the sugar dissolves in the soy sauce.
- Marinate pork in the mixture for at least half a day.
- Roast in the oven at 200°- 250° for 2 hours.
- Set aside until it cools down to Room temperature
- Pull apart into shreds then mix with the drippings. The drippings will serve as the sauce.
- Toast Ciabatta for a few minutes, then fill lettuce and pulled-pork
- Serve immediately