Oven-baked, melt-in-your-mouth tender, and finger-lickin’ good, The Peach Kitchen’s Baby Back Ribs is all you need to get through a difficult day.
Oh my back…my lower back…… and my upper back! Oh, the pain!
Carrying Twinkle around and lulling her to sleep during different times of the day is making my back hurt — a lot. I am longing for a massage that would make ME sleep like a baby.
How I wish there’s 48 hours in the day, I have 8 arms, and I could clone myself just so I can finish all my household chores, work, and not leave Twinkle’s side and stare at her all day. Sadly, there’s only 24 hours in the day, I only have two arms and there’s only one me. Juggling all the things that needs to be done is almost impossible but I try my best… and my back is complaining.
The best feeling of the day comes when I lie down in bed at night (finally!) with my back flat on the soft mattress. That makes me feel like all the blessings in the world has been given to me. It doesn’t matter that I wake up in the middle of the night three more times. You can wake me up five more times if you want and I would be as happy.
You can probably call me a masochist because my back pain also reminds me of how much I’ve been blessed. I have a healthy, cute baby to take care of. I have a house that needs cleaning and I have food in the fridge that needs cooking. Add my little princess Ykaie and my sweet peanutbutter♥ to that bunch and I have everything I could really ask for.
AND just leave it to me to turn my back pain into a craving: Baby Back Ribs FTW!
The Peach Kitchen’s Baby Back Ribs is mixture of wonderful spices. I have salt and pepper, garlic powder, spanish paprika, cumin, chili powder, sugar, and my favorite thing that gives it that certain je ne sais quoi — instant coffee. Yes, that’s how much of a coffee lover I am. I put coffee on my ribs and believe me, it works!. My secret for getting it to taste like it’s been smoked or chargrilled for hours is the addition of liquid smoke. Right now, I’m using Wright’s and it does add a smoky flavor.
These ribs was eaten last Sunday. Today, we had another pair. A bigger one but we finished it all the same.
Cravings were satisfied. Now about that massage…. I’ll need a pedicure to go with it.
- Baby Back Ribs (around 1.5kg)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp spanish paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Racks Original BBQ Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- more BBQ sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC). Cover your pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove excess fat from ribs. Peel the silver skin (that's the film like skin) off the back of the ribs - lift with a sharp knife and grab with a paper towel to remove.
- Prepare dry rub by combining the following ingredients in a bowl: salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder,cumin,chili powder, and instant coffee.
- Coat the baby back ribs with dry rub and place bone side down in your pan.
- Cover with foil to prevent it from burning.
- Roast Ribs in the oven for 2.5 - 3 hours depending on the thickness. This pair I roasted for 3 hours.
- Combine BBQ sauce and liquid smoke in a bowl, mix well.
- Brush all sides of ribs. Return in the oven without the foil cover and cook until bubbly.
- Serve with grilled corn on the cob, steamed rice and more bbq sauce.