I am so glad you’re here.
I need someone to share this Chicken Enchilada with.
You see sis brought too many tortillas than what she needs and rather than let it go to waste, I
was assigned to decided to make it into Chicken Enchilada.
Now, I have too many Chicken Enchilada than I could ever eat.
So go ahead, grab that other fork and start munching….if you get thirsty, you can just grab that other glass right there.
I’m going to tell you a secret but don’t tell anyone, okay?
It’s actually my first time to make this dish and I was a little scared of how it might turn out.
I was thinking maybe it was better off making those wholewheat tortillas into glass coasters…heehee.
But I’m happy I made this, it’s a little salty but it turned out well..
There are lots of versions of this dish, I made the easiest I could find..hee.
- 2 chicken quarters rubbed with ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 200g pack tomato sauce/taco sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 pcs. whole wheat tortilla
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Roast chicken in the oven for 40 minutes at 200°C. Let it cool.
- Shred the chicken and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes translucent.
- Add bell pepper and stir for a few minutes until it gets a little soft.
- Add tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can choose to coat the tortillas with the sauce before wrapping the shredded chicken with it or you can just wrap it directly.
- Just place 1-2 tablespoon of shredded chicken on each tortilla and roll it and layer it up in a baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream…but I didn’t have any, so we ate it as it is
thanks, i think i’ll grab that fork and take you up on that offer. lol
Looks awesome, especially the burnt cheese on top!
Mmmmhhh, I love dish! Your enchiladas look so scrumptious.
And I’m glad I came too! I NEED to try this fabulous enchilada recipe! Yum on all that cheese on top!
I LOVE enchiladas! But I rarely make them. Sad. I’ll be over ASAP.
That is yummy@twitter-28385361:disqus ! In fact we had that last night ^_^ Gonna copy your recipe too ^_^
This post gave me so much cravings for Enchilada! 🙂
I want to eat enchilada but minus the wrapper, 😀
Those enchiladas look like a yummy way to use up those extra tortllas. Mexican is always a hit here. I host a recipe swap every week and I’d love for you to come by and show off a recipe or two. Have a blessed day 🙂
Fun posting! I just finished eating and I still tried to grab it off the screen!
Did you say you made this for the first time? It turned out really nice and yummy-looking. Thank you Peachy and have a great weekend.
wow.. sarap.. thanks for sharing and joining From My Kitchen..
That looks really good! Esp. the crisp edges on the enchilada..:)
Send over any you don’t want! I’ll gladly eat them!
Could I come by for leftovers too? This looks fantastic!
sarap naman nyan…=)
They look perfect, Peachy! I love enchiladas and you’ve given me a serious craving…good job 😀
this looks really good! and the last photo is simply fabulous!
OMG Look absolutely delicious!! Im hungry! gloria
I love enchiladas specially with sour cream on top
i love it. sarap.
They look awfully delicious!! Anymore left for me?
oh yes another great mexican inspired dish using chicken I love it come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
thanks for sharing, i will definitely enjoy it. love it. visiting from FTF, have a great week. 🙂
HI Peachkins, thanks for sharing this great enchilada recipe on Fresh Food Friday last week. It was selected as one of the featured recipes in this week’s edition. I hope that you can stop by, check it out, grab the ‘featured’ button, and share another recipe or two (from any date). PS: I’ve got a different blog hop button if you’d like to swap out the old one on your sidebar. Hope you’re doing well and it’s so nice to connect with you again!