I am so glad you’re here.
I need someone to share this Chicken Enchilada with.
You see sis brought too many tortillas than what she needs and rather than let it go to waste, I
was assigned to decided to make it into Chicken Enchilada.
Now, I have too many Chicken Enchilada than I could ever eat.
So go ahead, grab that other fork and start munching….if you get thirsty, you can just grab that other glass right there.
I’m going to tell you a secret but don’t tell anyone, okay?
It’s actually my first time to make this dish and I was a little scared of how it might turn out.
I was thinking maybe it was better off making those wholewheat tortillas into glass coasters…heehee.
But I’m happy I made this, it’s a little salty but it turned out well..
There are lots of versions of this dish, I made the easiest I could find..hee.
- 2 chicken quarters rubbed with ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 200g pack tomato sauce/taco sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 pcs. whole wheat tortilla
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Roast chicken in the oven for 40 minutes at 200°C. Let it cool.
- Shred the chicken and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes translucent.
- Add bell pepper and stir for a few minutes until it gets a little soft.
- Add tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can choose to coat the tortillas with the sauce before wrapping the shredded chicken with it or you can just wrap it directly.
- Just place 1-2 tablespoon of shredded chicken on each tortilla and roll it and layer it up in a baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream...but I didn't have any, so we ate it as it is