Hi. Did you miss me?
Well, I hope you did… because I missed you.It’s just that I haven’t been cooking much lately…
I hope you think my reasons for not seeing you is valid…
♥ I haven’t been craving much these past few days. I’ve been spending lunchtime and dinnertime eating open-faced peanutbutter sandwich in the kitchen…standing up. Sssshhhhh, don’t tell anybody.
♥ I’ve also been playing the new Smurfs and Co. game in Facebook and I am hooked! So if you’re playing Smurfs and Co., add me up.. Let’s be neighbors… I promise I’ll send you a gift everyday…
♥ Third and final reason is that I haven’t decided yet if I’m on a diet or not…yeah, that’s a very tough decision to make…because for me to lose some weight, it means giving up carbs and sweets for a period of time. Totally not an option specially now that I have the ingredients for the dried cranberries and white chocolate chip cookies I’ve been meaning to make.
So…..are we still friends?
I hope we are because I have something I know you’d like. It’s light, fresh and full of flavor…
Spaghetti Al Fresco
450g spaghetti, cooked according to package directions 4 cloves garlic minced 4 tbsp + 4 tbsp olive oil 1 small can of anchovy fillets ½ cup basil leaves ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated 4 tomatoes sliced salt and pepper to taste grated parmesan cheese
- 450g spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp + 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can of anchovy fillets
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 tomatoes sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Sauté garlic in olive oil until oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic, don’t let it turn brown.
- Add sliced tomato and sauté for a few minutes until wilted.
- Add basil leaves, give it a good stir, turm off heat and set aside.
- On a separate pan, heat the other 4 tbsp olive oil. You can also add the oil that came with the anchovy fillet.
- Add anchovy fillets. Eventually, the anchovy fillets will dissolve in the olive oil and the oil will get all the flavor of the anchovies.
- Stir in spaghetti and make sure it is coated with the oil.
- Let the spaghetti noodles absorb the anchovy-infused olive oil.
- Add the basil-tomato-garlic-oil mixture and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put pasta in a microwaveable/ baking dish. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- Put in the oven or microwave until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve.