I want………………. Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I want………………. a big fat juicy burger with too much ketchup.
I want………………. a lobster thermidor.
This is not that….but this is still good.
When you have tons of thing to do, a mountain of a laundry, three kids to give a bath to and then take to school, you might wanna skip out cooking something that takes too much of your time and makes you chop up a lot of ingredients.
Thank God for all these new products in the market that saves you the time and the energy.
You might wanna use it now and then, kinda like a get-out-of-jail-you’re-free card but not every single day.
Three weeks ago, when they were launching this product in the supermarket. They gave everyone a free taste by using it as a nacho dip. The kids loved it and couldn’t get enough of the free sample.
So I grabbed two from the counter and made a mental note to make this for the kids one of these days….
….went faster than the Flash.
Now back to my laundry…..
- 400g macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2-3 pouches of Del Monte Cheese Magic
- 300g bacon, chopped
- Cook chopped bacon in a non-stick skillet until brown. Since bacon contains a lot of fat, you won’t need oil. It will fry on its own oil.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Scoop excess bacon oil from pan until only 1 tbsp is left. Stir in butter.
- Sauté garlic and onion in butter-bacon fat mixture until onion becomes translucent.
- Pour in Del Monte Cheese Sauce. If you find it too thick, you can add water to thin it out.
- When it starts to bubble, add half of your bacon and give it a little stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the remaining bacon before serving.