This Low Carb Taco Soup is a delicious, light, keto friendly meal with all that wonderful taco flavor we all love♥!
It’s been a month on the low carb life mommies! Adjusting from indulgent December was a bit difficult for the whole family especially for me who has to do all the menu planning and cooking. Jusme, add to that the blogging! Medyo nakakaloka ng konti but I’m holding my fort and doing this for my family’s health.
Ykaie has adjusted and has lost about 9lbs without any effort….just eating all the low carb goodies I’m making. peanutbutter♥ is a part time low carb and part time vegetarian… LELz.
Today, I have another soup recipe for you… we couldn’t wait for Taco Tuesday, so we had Taco Soup earlier.
If you’re a follower of this blog, you know how much we love tacos and taco soup — so all I had to do is cook a Low Carb Keto Taco Soup and we have a meal.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
I used ground chicken but you can also use ground pork or ground beef. No reason but just a matter of preference. All you need to do is sauté everything and let it simmer. This meal can be ready in 30 minutes and can also be paired with a slice of low carb bread.
You won’t regret making this. I promise.
OTHER TACO RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Low Carb KETO Taco Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 500g ground chicken
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth OR 1 chicken broth cube dissolved in 4 Cups water
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (or 4 tbsp depending on how strong you want the taco flavor)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ block of cream cheese (4oz)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Heat olive oil in a pot and sauté onions and garlic until onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground chicken and cook until brown.
- Add diced tomato,chicken broth (water + chicken cube), celery, and taco seasoning.
- Mix well and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese. Mix well and simmer until cream cheese has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with spring onions, grated cheese and olives before serving.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!