One thing I love about this recipe is that you can just pile one thing on top of another and call it dessert. Who knew you can make something this simple and easy from plain crackers? I think it’s time for you to make this. This is so good, you’ll be in for a treat!
This is the best thing I can do treat myself yesterday I’ve been having some terrible coughs and colds for more than a week now. I can’t even begin to tell you how much tissue I’ve used and how many cups of Hot Calamansi I’ve drunk. I’ve been feeling so bad and there are times in the day when everything tastes like cardboard. Bleh!
THIS, however, was eaten during my “window time“. It tastes like a cross between a butterfinger and an almond rocca, no kidding. In fact, the kids kept asking for more I had to keep it from them or else they’ll finish the whole thing and get sugar high the whole day.
I still have a few squares left of this but I doubt it’ll last until the weekend.
Look how easy it is to do:
Just line crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet/baking pan with parchment paper. I used a small pan to make a small batch. Or else we’ll be obliged to finish the whole thing.
Combine butter and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for three minutes until it acquires a deep caramel color.
Pour over crackers and bake in the oven at 400ºF for 5-6 minutes. This is how it should look like while in the oven…..Bubbly!!
Then you can spread over your melted chocolate, let it cool for an hour and break it into pieces! Easy-peasy dessert, right? You can also put chopped nuts on top if you want.
- 3 packs of crackers or enough to line your pan (I used Magic Flakes)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a cookie sheet/ baking pan with at least a ½ inch edge aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Line crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet/baking pan.
- In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over crackers and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400ºF for 5 to 6 minutes. It will get all bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt.
- OR Spread melted chocolate.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.