I guess it’s safe to say that the Christmas season is officially over as of today. I was finally able to keep away all the Christmas decors, ornaments, and gifts — both those that were given and those that were unclaimed — except for that Christmas-tree shaped lights on the door.
After a week, I think I have, for the most part, adapted again to routine. It’s back to school, back to work kind of routine. I’ve started juicing last week but I just couldn’t do the 3Day juice fast so I’m trying to just add it to the daily routine hoping it’ll become a habit.
I bought beets and watermelon from the supermarket yesterday to see if I could chug it up… It will go straight into the juicer tomorrow morning then to my customized water bottles.
Right now let’s talk about how I am totally smitten with this salad♥!
Can I just say I love Broccoli and I won’t stop buying them until it’s out of season?
I made this Broccoli and Grapes Pasta Salad this morning and I might have burnt the pecans a little.
If you are a follower of my blog, you’ll notice that I like adding broccoli to salads — specially pasta salads. It tastes superb with creamy dressings and I think it has something to do with that guilty feeling of having too much mayo..LOL!
Anyway, this salad has all the elements that makes up a great monday morning. The broc for your daily dose of veggie, pasta for carbs,
lightly toasted pecans for that earthy flavor and crunch, grapes for some sweetness, and of course the light mayo dressing to give it a creamy finish.
Are you convinced yet?
Oh, and did I tell you THIS has BACON? No? This has lotssss of BACON!
I’m sure you’re already convinced how amazing this salad is!
Juicing will resume again tomorrow…I promise.
Broccoli & Grapes Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans $
- 1 cup penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, you can also use red wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tbso calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup seedless black grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices,cut into squares and fried to a crisp
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Steam for 1 minute, just until it turns bright green.
- Whisk together light mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, calamansi juice, salt, pepper, and red onions in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Add more dressing if desired.
- Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.
This recipe is slightly adapted from My Recipes